Ingrédients actifs: Rabeprazole
Pariet est utilisé pour le traitement des ulcères d'estomac, des ulcères dans le duodénum (la zone de l'intestin grêle qui se trouve juste après l'estomac), des symptômes de la maladie de reflux gastro-oesophagien.
Pariet is used for the treatment of stomach ulcers, ulcers in the duodenum (the area of the small intestine that lies just after the stomach), the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease.
In combination with two antibiotic agents, Pariet is used for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori. Helicobacter pylori is a bacteria that is strongly linked to stomach ulcerations and chronic gastritis.
Pariet relieves the symptoms of reflux and ulcers by slowing down the secretion of acid by the cells that line the stomach. It does this by inhibiting a single type of enzyme (a protein that allows other chemical reactions to occur faster) called a 'proton pump' that is needed to produce acid. So, by inhibiting this enzyme, the final stage in acid production is stopped.
Use Pariet as directed by your doctor!
- Take Pariet by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Pariet whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- You may take antacids while you are taking Pariet if you are directed to do so by your doctor.
- If you also take an imidazole antifungal (eg, ketoconazole), take it at least 2 hours before taking Pariet.
- If you also take sucralfate, take Pariet at least 30 minutes before taking sucralfate.
- Continue to take Pariet even if you feel well. Do not miss any dose.
- If you miss a dose of Pariet, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Pariet.
Store Pariet at 77 degrees F (25 degrees C). Brief storage at temperatures between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C) is permitted. Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Pariet out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Rabeprazole sodium
Do NOT use Pariet if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Pariet or to similar medicines (eg, omeprazole)
- you are taking an HIV protease inhibitor (eg, atazanavir).
Contact your doctor right away if any of these apply to you.
Some medical conditions may interact with Pariet. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have liver problems or stomach or bowel cancer.
Some medicines may interact with Pariet. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Clarithromycin or voriconazole because they may increase the risk of Pariet's side effects
- Anticoagulants (eg, warfarin), cyclosporine, or digoxin because the risk of their side effects may be increased by Pariet
- Azole antifungals (eg, ketoconazole), clopidogrel, HIV protease inhibitors (eg, atazanavir), or iron because their effectiveness may be decreased by Pariet.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Pariet may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
Important safety information:
- Pariet may cause drowsiness or dizziness. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Pariet with caution. Do not drive or perform other possible unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Contact your doctor if you have any symptoms of a bleeding ulcer, such as black, tarry stools or vomit that looks like coffee grounds, or if you experience throat pain, chest pain, severe stomach pain, or trouble swallowing.
- Pariet may interfere with certain lab tests. Be sure your doctor and lab personnel know you are taking Pariet.
- Pariet should be used with extreme caution in Asian patients; the risk of side effects may be increased in these patients.
- Pariet should be used with extreme caution in children younger 12 years; safety and effectiveness in these children have not been confirmed.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using Pariet while you are pregnant. It is not known if Pariet is found in breast milk. Do not breastfeed while taking Pariet.
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects.
Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); chest pain; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; severe or persistent stomach pain; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual tiredness; vision changes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider.